We need you!
There are so many exciting, valuable and easy ways to get involved with Cancer Research UK, all vital to the continued research into this devastating disease.
- Cancer Research UK relies on the energy and initiative of fundraisers to continue their world-class research.
- Our committee has raised over £750,000 over twenty years.
- The Dolls House Fair, held in the Town Hall for 10 years, raised over £100,000, and now Pat Cutforth, committee member and well-known miniaturist and dolls house expert, continues to raise over £15,000 annually for CR UK with her own sales and exhibiting at Miniatura at the NEC Birmingham.
- Marlborough Gardeners’ Fair raised over £65,000 in the ten years it look place annually in the Town Hall.
- Our Marlborough Spring Fair - a celebration of Spring and Summer Living - will take place in 10 April 2016
- Feast of Food - 23 October, 2016 (now in its 17th year) - this event in 2015 raised £10,000 for CR UK, and we hope to continue running this highly successful and most enjoyable event for many years to come.
Our CR UK team is project-based.
This means our members can focus on whatever fundraising event they are particularly keen on whilst safe in the knowledge they have the full support of the committee. They can rally their own friends to put together an event, with committee support on the day, if that is what they prefer to do.
If you have a good idea, you can count on the team to help you bring that idea to fruition. Event management expertise and extensive experience in the marketing of events is always available to assist on new projects if required.
Committee meetings take place approximately 4 times a year, including the Annual General Meeting. These meeting are an excellent platform to introduce new projects for discussion and to enjoy basking in the success of our events.
Do join us. We need new members with fresh ideas.
"The Marlborough Committee of Cancer Research UK has been a great and generous contributor to the ongoing fight to beat cancer. Since 1979, over £459,000 has been raised by volunteer fundraisers to continue the necessary research towards finding a cure. Cancer Research UK support the Marlborough Committee in their efforts to raise much needed funds and are very grateful for the committees ongoing hard work."